During the previous Hackweek (SUSE) I did a workshop in a Montessori school. This time I would like the same but with focusing on Robotics.
Who is this for?
Children between 2 and 6 years old
What will be the duration?
In a Montessori school
What materials I am going to use
- Bee-bot robot or similar
- Edison robot (https://meetedison.com)
- Some home made robots
What concepts do I would like to teach:
The programming basics
- Concepts of program and programming
- How to split a problem in small parts and basic actions
- Concept of execution
- Concept of debugging
- Usually there are more than one solution to solve a problem
What is an artificial sensor?
- To be a blind robot
- What it can do if it has some sensors
- Ultrasound echo
- Infrared echo
- Infrared vision
- Microphone sensors
Students were very interested in all examples and demonstrations. They participated in some of them.
I tried to explain all the mentioned concepts, and in spite of the complexity they understood pretty well
And I also introduced other robots like the one is in the photo with 4 ultra sound sensors, or an robotic arm with 6 movements.